Monday, September 28, 2009

The Constant Struggle

     Last week a cousin of mine called me up and asked me if I was interested in a Beagle Puppy.  He stated it was full blood beagle and that someone gave it to him and since his family lives in a small condo he could not keep it.  I thought sure.  I mean a beagle usually run around $250-$800.00 and free is good.  Of course Freeonly becomes free for so long until you have to buy the food, crate, treats, shampoos and so forth.  Anyway to get to the point.  We are housetraining this puppy and let me say, during this time God is giving me patience.  One of the factors of house training a puppy is the fact that you have to constantly be watching the puppy and since we are crating the puppy we hve to take him outside every 3 hours to show him that you have to go outside and not inside or in the crate.  Let me just say, Thank God for Tile Floors.  If you do not watch after the dog he can not hold it and iwll make a mess in his cage.  So being consistant is important. 
     Living the Christian life is just like that.  You have to constantly think about your life, your speech, your attitude and then you have to practice it.  If you do not you will find that you will have a big mess.  Many peoples lives are a big mess because they refuse to tend or shall I say, place on a leash their life.  Their inner sin goes crazy and ends up messing everything up.  Let me say that the time you spend watching your life and reading and praying is much easier then having to clean up after you when you have not tended to it.
     Eventually, my puppy will grow and know what to do.  He will mature and through discipline he will make no messes or less messes.  This is also true to all those who live a disicplined life for God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment