Monday, August 2, 2010

Why People Have Nothing...

     Grace to you and peace from God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.  I preached a sermon a long time ago of why people have nothing.  There was a time in my life when I sold my business to a Christian.  He of course could not run the business like I did.  He closed up early and opened late and instead of using the money for re-inventory he used it for his personal stuff.  You can't make money off something you do not have.  Eventually he made 5 payments and then closed the business.  So here I am with 3 children and depending on the income of this business.  My Real Estate endeavor did not work so it was hard to say the least.  So I started a few things.  I began a roadside assistance service where I would help people on the side of the road and ask them to send money or give for the help.  Well that flopped.  LOL.  Then I began painting.  That went very well.  I worked hard and very long hours.  From 6 am to 8 pm painting, sanding and stuff.  God provided.  Then I began driving cab.  I enjoyed it very well.  Then out of nowhere God provided me an opportunity to open an Arizona Office for a National Company.  Praise God from that point on God continued to provide.

One thing I can truly say about this experience is that even thou it was hard my wife and I continued in the promises and word of God.  1)  We never failed to Tithe even thou sometimes it hurt.   AND 2)  I never ever ever ever allowed work to get in between me and my service to God.

      From attending Club Jesus, to being a member of Covenant of Grace to being promoted to Youth Pastor and then Assistant Pastor at First Arabic to Associate Pastor at Four Square Gospel up until Harvest, I have never missed a Sunday and never allowed anything and I mean anything come between me and my God.

     I look at so many Christians and see so many have nothing.  I mean nothing.  I sometimes don't know why???  I mean God gives us promises of prosperity and success.  Yet, as I draw closer in their lives and see what they go through it becomes evident why they have nothing.

     Unless a person asks I will not bring it up but let me share with you reading why some people have nothing.

1)  Disobedience to God.
2)  Not a Whole Heart for God.
3)  Just plain mean and rude and no Christian manners or etiquette.
4)  Excuses about everything and everyone.
5)  Hatred and Unforgiveness

     How do Christians expect God to bless them while living like this?  If my own children had any of these traits I would not give them a thing.  Now with that said, have you ever heard you get what you put in?  Yah?  Well this is with God also.  Salvation is FREE.  But FREEDOM is at a COST.

If you ABIDE IN MY WORD then shall you BE MY DISCIPLE and you SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH and the TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

     So you can be saved and Go to heaven but you should not have to live in Hell while you are here.

May the Lord Bless You and May He Open the Doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment