Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Prosecution For Religious Beliefs

     This past week has been to say the least, "interesting week."  As some of you know on Monday, I was found responsible for the violations that existed on the property.  I was responsible for the violations like Demolition of a Pool, Putting electrical circuits in the garage, misusing an extension cord, putting up a Costco tent without proper permits or foundation and too close to a building.  Putting chairs that were used for worship in the storage in the rear.  Folks this is not a joke.  Really if you move in a house and your previous owner did work on the property without a permit and the city finds out 4 years after you moved in that there was no permit you are responsible and violated. 
     Here is the dussy.  I was also prosecuted for conducting Christian worship on the property.  The Judge who I believe is a good judge and fair through out the trial made a comment, she stated, "I hope Mr. Salman understands that he is not being prosecuted for religious worship on the property only that if he wants to have worship on the property he must conform to the requirements and the standards that the city is asking."  This statement sounds very fair.  But is it really the truth?  Am I not being prosecuted for religious worship.  Here is what I mean.
      During the trial the City witnesses stated that if I had birthday parties on the property I do not need these things, If I had used the room to play games I do not need these things.  Yet, because I gather to worship on the property in a building that looks like a religious building with chairs, pulpit, art and stuff I must conform my property to commercial standards.  The fact is I AM BEING PROSECUTED because I worship on the property with my family and friends.  PERIOD.  If I had a big screen T.V. with football posters and art and pool table and bar and stuff they would not violate me for a Sports Bar.  EVERYONE of those who worship with me, know we DO NOT publicly advertise.  We do not have signs, or service times in the front or on a website.  We are private individuals and so forth.
     Nonetheless, I believe the laws that are in place are wrong and discriminatory and I will put my money where my mouth is.  May God give me strength and we battle this injustice.  Please pray as we get through this.  IN JESUS NAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment