Monday, April 25, 2011

Persecuted...

Have you ever been persecuted for Jesus Christ?  Many people will claim that this has never happened to them especially in America. 

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 

1 Peter 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

     These scriptures give me comfort.  To suffer as a Christian is a blessing of the Lord.  Before I came to Christ I would get into trouble and I deserved it because I was a criminal.  But God through His grace delivered me and showed me how to live for Him.  Now in the eyes of some I am a criminal but this time I am a criminal for Jesus.  Suffering for Jesus is a blessing.  Even though I always thought it could not and should not happen in our Country I have found out it happens a lot.  The fortunate part of our country is that we have the ability to fight back through the court systems. 
     In other countries there is no recourse.  Rather they are criminals because they serve Jesus in underground churches.  You know, it makes me wonder what people who are persecuting me think of those Christian underground churches.  I mean I have had Christians comment on blogs and news articles that they can not believe that I as a Christian and a Pastor is breaking the law.  I mean what kind of Christian breaks the law??  I must be a fake or a cult or something like that.
     This past Friday I was watching the Passion of the Christ.  That movie makes me cry all the time.  It never fails.  Nonetheless, there is a part in there that resonate even in the Holy Scripture. 

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.


     I can truly say that the world hates me because of Jesus.  You see the world does not hate me because I cause traffic, or park on their lawn or cause excessive noise or even push my beliefs in their face or because every time I see them I call them sinners damned to hell.  I do not do any of that.  The only reason the world hates me is because I and a group of other Christians believers in Christ gather at my home on a weekly basis and worship Jesus Christ.  For that my family are persecuted and hated.  I am called a devil, false, money grubber, or whatever they may call me.  Jesus knows my heart.  So I remember these words.
 
Matthew 10:24-25 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. (25) It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?



    They called Jesus Beelzebub for healing the blind, raising the dead, preaching the truth, casting out demons and giving us eternal life.  What do you think they will call us?  At the end of it all Jesus rose from the dead while those who spoke such blasphemies and crucified our Lord were sent to await damnation.  So it is in our life, God will in His time have the last word. Until then, Anathema Maranatha! 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment