Friday, April 8, 2011

The Modern Thinker

     For the past couple of weeks I have been speaking with a guy to open the subject of the Bible.  So the other day I finally sprung the question. 

HERE IS THE CONVERSATION
I said to him, "So I see you like to read?  Yes.  Have you ever read the Bible?  No, but I have a few copies of it.  Why have you not read it?  Because the bible has changed over the years.  Really, like in what way?   Well from the first bible to what we have now, there are different transalations.  (since he was reading a book called ARAGON I thought I would say this to him.)  So do you think they have the book ARAGON in different translations?  Yes.  Well it looks like it has not preventing you from reading it.  No.  Alright so tell me why do you believe the bible changed?  I don't know.  Even though some words have change the message of the bible has not, man is a sinner and in need of a saviour and Jesus Christ died for the sins of mankind. 

     By that time we spoke a little more and then he left.  He returned today so I asked him if he found the evidence of the Bible changing.  He replied no but he did not want to discuss the bible anymore because he just can't believe it and then ran off to his bus.  I am sure he would not have come in, in the first place but the food is so irresistable.  LOL

     You know it is always easier to believe in something you don't know rather than knowing why you don't believe in something you don't know.  I know why I am not a muslim, buddist, hinduist or such like and I can only think that these people know why they are not a Christian.  There are a lot of Christians who believe in Jesus and do not know why?  So we have a bunch of people who really do not know what it means to be a Christian.  The reason is not that Jesus has not revelaed himself, it is because people like that guy would rather live not knowing or wanting to know.  It is easier that way. 

     Folks the only way people are going to understand jesus or not understand Jesus is if they open the Bible.  Without the Bible we only have blind faith in whatever you believe in.  Jesus came to open the eyes of the blind not close them.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment