Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Trip - Results

     O.K.  here is what everyone is waiting for.  As some of you know last week we decided to go on a family trip to California.  We left after worship on Sunday and first stop was San Diego California.  But First we had to stop at the Sand Dunns off highway 8.  It was so neat.  My kids and I walked up the top of a huge sand dunn.  Let me say, that it really took your wind.  Sarah made it half way.  Anna didn't even start, Rachel made it to the top and Abby crawled her way to the top.  It was very steep.  We took a picture at the top.  That was nice, then off to San Diego again.  San Diego was beautiful.  We stayed at a Hotel and then in the morning we went to Sea Port Village.  I recommend this to anyone going to San Diego.  It is full of shops and attractions.  It is free to get in and there is a lot of neat things there.  One thing that my family and I decided to do was to rent a boat.  We rented a 8 passenger for a 5 passenger price.  We got a deal.  It had been a long time since I driven a boat but it all came back to me suddenly.  We went out to sea.  I had the kids in the boat and I was the driver and let me say it was fun.  It cost around $100.00 per hour.  Of course we went out for an hour.  Suzanne brought snacks, but we were having so much fun going so fast in the ocean that we failed to even have anything to eat.  We stopped by a pier where there were sea lions everywhere. We rode right up to them.  The kids had a ball.  of course not all.  Anna freaked out a little.  LOL.  That same day, we drove up to LA where we stayed at the Crowne Plaza.  It was nice.  Sauna, Jacuzzi, Pool, Spa, Gym and nice rooms.  We had a bell hop that after our tip refused to want to to help us anymore.  "I warned him."  I told him I got it, but he refused and said, no no sir, that is why we are here.  I said, no its OKAY.  He said, he got it.  Well, I only had a $1.00 in my pocket and that's what he got.  Sorry to all the bell hops.  : (    The following day, we went to Universal Studios.  It was raining so we then decided to just go ahead and head up to San Fransico.  It was a nice cool drive.  We got there at night and stayed at the Hilton.  Let me say, that the Hilton is overrated.  The next day we decided to tour all of San Fran.  We went to the island of Alcatraz.  It cost $79.00 for my whole family.  It was nice.  Alcatraz is remarkable.  How anyone could have survived it.  We took a boat load of pictures and had a great time.  We then walked fishermans wharf and pier 39 and 41 and of course ate fresh sea food and Clam Chowder out of a Sourdough Bowl.  YUM YUM!!  We drove the hills of San Fransico and let me say that it was stunning.  The Bridges at night were beautful.  The streets and city is remarkable.  Believe it or not we may have ran into one gay person there.  We saw more gays in LA then we did in San Fran.  Go figure..  My brother said, "That they probably knew that I was going to be there and they ran and hid." LOL.  That night we decided to stay at the Econolodge.  If you ever go to San Fran stay at the Econolodge in Oakland.  It was nice, Huge rooms, Patio Area, Free Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi and the service makes Hilton look like the dollar store to say the least.  The next day we toured China Town and then went back to LA.  Once in LA we stayed at the Crowne Plaza again for the rest of the nights.  The following day we went to Universal.  It was nice.  We have annual passes so let me say that we are veterans.  My kids and I know the place inside and out.  After Universal, out of a whim we decided to visit my aunt in Covina.  We were there for about 4 hours.  It was nice.  The kids had a ball then we drove back to the hotel where stayed for the last night and then in the morning headed back. 
     God is so good.  It seemed that everywhere we turned and everything we did God had his hand in it.  From turning off the right place to walking in at the right time, God was there.  Our trip was awesome and by the grace of God we had a ball.  Let me recommend that anyone go on a trip like this should try these features:  1)  Hotwire - Hotwire got us the Crowne Plaza a 4 star hotel for $59.00 per night.  Get a hotel by the airport you pay for parking which is about 10-15 per night but the hotel you get is exceptional.  2)  Ever in San Fran stay in Oakland.  oakland is only 10 minutes from San Fran.  Central to everything.  Stay at the Econolodge by the Airport.  Parking is Free, Free Breakfast, Wi-Fi and many more.  3)  Walk the piers in San Francisco.  Park at the Fishermans Wharf down at pier 41 and then walk the rest.  Parking is free for 3 hours.  4)  Check out Alcatraz.  The trip is worth it.  My family it was $79.00  4 and under are free.  5)  San Deigo, Don't stay at Good Nite Inn --- You get what you pay for.  6)  Rent a boat.  They are not that difficult to drive but it is worth the money.  The boat tours are like $30 for adults and $20 for kids.  They last 90 minutes.  Renting a boat is $100.00 but the fun is limitless.
     Thank you all for your prayers and I look.  Let me say, that California is nice to visit.  But I thank God I live in ARIZONA!!!!!!!  Thank you Jesus.  

PHOTO LINK:  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=2034537&id=1031397604&ref=mf

No comments:

Post a Comment