Monday, October 5, 2009

FOR PROFIT???

      Have you ever heard the saying, "Your going to shoot yourself in the foot."  This is exactly what is happening in the churches these days.  They are shooting each other in the foot.  Today I received an email from a ministry who was asking me to buy buttons.  The buttons were $130.00 for 250 of them so that we can get the message out.  That is 52 cents each.  Are you kidding me??  Why so much?  Why do people have to make a profit to help other people get the word of God out?  People need to remember this is not what the church is?  The church is a place where Christians preach the gospel without making a profit from each other.  The only people allowed to live off the people of God were the priest and ministers of God and they lived through the tithes and offerings.  This has been God's plan all along.  Now, we have people selling books, CD's, Buttons and so forth for outragous prices.  I can get 250 buttons that say, "I love the world." for $.08 cents each.
      People need to re-examine thier ministry and purpose in life.  The only thing I can say, "I thank God that I have a job."  May we hold the example of the apostle Paul who said I would rather work with my hands so that the gospel does not become a burden to anyone.  AMEN TO THAT,

No comments:

Post a Comment