Monday, October 12, 2015

Here We Go Again - Halloween

     Grace to you and peace from God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.  Well it is 2015 and some people have been contacting me to ask my views on Halloween.  Some even have asked whether I believe what I believe still on the subject.  The Answer is "NO",my views have changed.  That is right.  I have changed extremely.  I was against Halloween but now I am so grossed out by it I can not even imagine the filthy, wickedness and witchcraft that is associated with that day.  What makes me even more repulsed is the fact that I hear of Christians celebrating that holiday.  What in Heaven's name are people thinking?  It does not take a rocket scientist to know there is something wrong about that day no matter how much you soften it up.
     Let me say it this way and please excuse me for the illustration.  If a wife is walking in the park holding another man's hand, does it make it any better?  Is it excusable?  Is it permissible?  Of course not.  So why would we think dressing our children up as angels, cowboys or some princess for fun on that holiday would be alright with God?  Why would allowing people to come to the door and say "trick or treat" and you hand them candy and a tract be alright with God?  I mean when a Jehovah Witness or Mormon come to your door, do you invite them in?  Do you give them a glass of water, a tract, and talk about your faith?  Have you suddenly become an evangelist on Halloween?
      Christians are called to be in the world but not of the world.  Unless you are Holy Spirit lacking, it is very evident that Halloween is a worldly holiday that exalts and promotes evil.  God calls Christians at this time to be a light Not to be a strobe light by amusing the world with your prince and princess costumes and your pathetic tracts.  When you do such things you are nothing less than a LUKEWARM Christian.
      Repent of this evil.  Save the costumes and the candy for another day and have nothing to do with such filth.  In case you are super ignorant, stubborn, and stiffnecked, may I be granted to provide you with such...

1 Corinthians 10:19-23  What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?  (20)  But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.  (21)  Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.  (22)  Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than he?  (23)  All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

The apostle Paul knew that an idol is NOTHING.  We know that Halloween is also NOTHING.  That gentiles or the wicked sacrifice to idols.  We know that during Halloween there are those who celebrate this Holiday.  Though the Apostle Paul knew that an idol is nothing and the sacrifice to such is nothing, he still commands Christians to NOT HAVE FELLOWSHIP with such.  Not to eat their food, not to sit at there table, or drink their drink.  Shall we not also conclude that God would tell us not to have anything to do with Halloween.  Not to eat their candy, dress in their clothes, or partake of their table, even if we believe Halloween is just for fun.  

He concludes...You can not drink of the cup of the Lord and the cup of devils.  You can not partake of the table of the Lord and the table of devils.  Remember the Word declares that the cup and table are nothing and associates idols as for devils.  So also folks you may think Halloween is nothing and empty but you can not partake of both the Lord's Table and Halloween.  

     So think what you want to think and do what you want to do.  He who does not serve the Lord is not of God or His Christ.


Bishop Michael Salman
  


No comments:

Post a Comment