Thursday, October 27, 2011

Modern Women Role Models

     The other day I turned on the television and began to watch a show I had not seen in awhile.  It is called the King of Queens.  As I am watching the show I could not believe that Carrie, the wife of Kevin James character, and what she was saying about her husband and to her husband. Yes I know it is only a show.  She was insulting him and treating him like a dumbie.  Then I began to think of other shows like I love Raymond and thought of his wife Debra and how she also disrespects her husband.  The scary thing is these shows are very popular.  I then began to try to think of a show where the husband has respect and the wife but could not think of one.  I then began to think of family shows and kid shows.  What happened to the family?  Shows like, iCarly, Hannah Montana, Salena Gomez, Sonny with a Chance, Suite Life of Zack and Cody and how none of these shows have a mother and father.  If you have not guessed it by now, "Yes I have a lot of children."  I also thought about how many of these shows have the female as the dominant figure.  What happened to Leave it to beaver, Brady Bunch and other family shows that show a some form of family unit and husband and wife love and respect. 
     I have been an Ordained Pastor since 1996.  I have counseled and spoke to hundreds of couples and marriages.  I can assure you that what Hollywood is showing is destroying marriages.  I was speaking to a couple several years ago having a casual conversation when his wife began to say how stupid her husband was.  Giving him looks and me looks like he was an idiot.  She was correcting him at almost everything he said.  After knowing the couple much more it was no shock to me that they had sever marital problems.  Eventually they separated ways.  A man can only take so much and a woman can only go so far.  When the woman becomes the dominating force in the marriage there is nothing but trouble and issues.  Even if the man decides he likes it that way the natural and Godly instinct of a woman is never satisfied with it.  You see despite the fact women think they want the power in a marriage, they do not.  They want a man who takes control and knows and understands what he is doing.  The problem is when the man tries to take control the woman does not allow him the time or effort. 
     This blog can never do justice to what is really happening but it is evident that we have a very serious scenario effecting and infecting marriages.  This is why it is time for Women to stand up and teach otter women by example what it means to be a Godly woman.  How to love and respect her husband.  How to speak what is right and true.  It is up to Christians like you and I to help correct and teach the younger to respect and live their husbands and be the woman God had called them to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment