Thursday, February 4, 2010

Go to Church?

     Yesterday I was speaking with a believer and during the conversation I asked what the person did on Sunday. They answered nothing really. I then asked if they went to church and they said No instead they stayed home and watched Joel Osteen and then proceeded to say that all the churches in their area was too liberal. Of course I chuckled because Joel Osteen's middle name is Liberal.
Can a person believe in Christ and not go to church? The church of Christ is called the body. The body is identified as a group of believers lead by Pastors and deacons. To me that sounds like a local fellowship or congregation. So I guess the answer is how can you say that Christ is the head if you are not part of His body? You can not be a true obedient believer in Christ if you are not part of a local body of believers called the church. There may be a lot of good teachers on TV and the radio but they can never replace the actual physical supplements found in a local body. Watching TV to get your spirtual food is like watching the food network and saying you are full.
Let TV and radio create an appettite for the real thing and then act on it by being part of what God wants you to be in.


Pastor Michael Salman

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment