Thursday, May 20, 2010

Do you believe in the Trinity? PART 1

     Today I was listening to a commercial by David Jeremiah probably one of my favorite preachers.  In this short message he stated that we need to come to the committee of 3 that we have, Us, the father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.  As much as i love to hear Pastor Jeremiah there are somethings I can accept and there are somethings I can not. 
     The trinity has always been a tricky subject among Christians.  People usually avoid it by saying, "Oh just believe it is too hard to explain."  Then they move on to other things.  Some people has even made teh Trinity a matter of Salvation.  If you don't believe in the trinity you are not a Christian or you are not saved.  I guess these are no different to me than those who believe this about baptism or honoring the sabbath by worshipping on Saturday.  It always makes me wonder why anyone would place the belief of another doctrine to the doctrine of Salvation.  I mean the only reason Mormons, Jehovah Witness and other cults are what we say they are is not because of all the stuff they believe but rather it is what they add to salvation.  Anyone who adds anythign to salvation like their belief of Sabbath, Baptism or Trinity is just as guilty as they are.  Tell me how this sounds, For god so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him, and Baptism and Trinity, and Sabbath, or _________ shall be saved."  Not really good huh?  Yes, there are certain doctrines that are heretical but that is because they take away from the Diety of Jesus.  But not explaining or believing the trinity the way you believe it is not one of them.  Just for the record I believe in the Trinity.  God who is our Father and Jesus Christ who is God in the Flesh, and comforter who is God in the Spirit.  TO BE CONTINUED......

No comments:

Post a Comment